Thursday, February 11, 2016

Up alllllllll the weight!

[Day 42]

Today's AM Workout
: Trainer ride
Summary:
  • I had a real 90 minute workout planned but I was taking the ride first thing in the morning and I was fasted and it was very clear about 15 minutes in that it wasn't going to be the quality I wanted, so instead of trying to make a workout that wasn't gonna work work, I just opted for a 60 minute as high quality as possible endurance ride.
  • Totals: 12.26 mi, 1:00:45, 12.1 mph average
Hit Rate: 45/47 (95.7%)

Today's PM Workout: Lift (w/ Henry, 75 mins)
Summary:
  • Back squats: WU 12 @ 65#, 5 x 8 @ 105#
  • Flat bench: WU 12 @ 55#, 3 x 8 @ 85#
  • Deadlifts: 4 x 8 @ 125#
  • Pulldowns: 3 x 12/12/8 @ 7/7/7+ plates (lol I still don't know these weight denominations)
  • Shoulder press: 3 x 8-8 @ 25#/15#
  • DB rows: 3 x 12/side @ 40# (these were terrible, grip strength was not a thing, I definitely had to put the weight down a lot, just more work to be done)
  • Incline bench: 3 x 12/12/8 @ 55/55/65
  • Superset: 3 x 
    • 12 lateral raises @ 12#/side
    • 12 plate front raises @ 25#
Hit Rate: 46/48 (95.8%)

I AM SUPER STRONG AT NIGHT. Lol being fed makes so much difference. I felt awful in the morning, just sort of pushed through whatever I could in a 60 minute steady state ride. This evening though, I felt super strong, was really happy with where I was at and the work I was getting done. Having Henry around is pretty key, just knowing that someone was watching meant that I fought through some spots when I really wanted to put the weight down and take a breath before I finished out. Twas wonderful.

My legs really hurt right now, which surprises me because all I really did was those 5 sets of squats (which were rough but I'm super proud of hitting). The rest of me feels okay. I expect all of this to change tomorrow morning, probably for the worse lol. Swim in the morning, run in the afternoon, lots of class in the middle. Bedtime now! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment