Sunday, February 28, 2016

Quick rest day update and weekly recap

[Day 59]

Updates! Resting is great. So is eating really high calorie foods apparently because I had two cinnamon roll cupcakes today (recipe via BuzzFeed, go look it up) and for the first time in what feels like eons, I was satisfied for more than an hour and a half. I wasn't scavenging for food after dinner. It was amazing.

Body is not sore but very tired. Even walking out and back from the grocery store today was a bit of a struggle. It's funny to have to think about efficient walking form because your body is tired. I feel like it's gotten better as the day has gone on though, confident it won't continue to be a problem.

Weekly Recap:
  • 1 swim, 2 rides (1 trainer, 1 outdoors), 3 runs, and 1 gym session for a total of 12:44 in 7 sessions. Hours skewed by that one long ride. 
  • Wasn't quite the week I wanted, really bummed out about the low swim counts, but we'll work on getting back on track with the swimming in the upcoming weeks. 
  • I'm not a big fan of having one single long workout take up the majority of the training hours in the week, it's pretty not sensible in my mind, but this weekend was probably unique in that regard so I'm not gonna dwell on it too much. We'll see if the long rides continue to be a thing or not, really up to how Brian and the teammates want to plan things and how they fit in my schedule.
Next week we officially move into Block 2, so there'll be some more specificity (brick work, faster runs, etc.) coming. Ready to do some good work before finals for med school Block 2! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment