Sunday, February 21, 2016

Clearing that 10 mile mark

[Day 52]

Today's Workout: 10 mile run w/ Tsehay
Summary: 10.07 mi, 1:34:29, 9:23 pace
Pace splits by mile: 9:48, 9:40, 9:18, 9:10, 9:29, 9:36, 9:16, 9:16, 9:17, 9:03
Hit rate: 57/61 (93.4%)

Notes/thoughts:
  • Started slow today, wasn't feeling too great, but got into it by about mile 4 and held pretty steady the rest of the way. Proud of how that effort went down, finally getting back into those double digit miles after the ITBS issues. Definitely was easier with a friend next to me, never had to battle doubts (especially in the earlier miles) which was a blessing. She also kept the pace honest going home, which was nice.
  • Unfortunately I have had some anterior knee pain in my R leg as the day has gone on. None during the run, although I had some ankle/hip pain on the R side during the run, nothing atypical though, that kind of thing does have a tendency of happening to me. Hopefully the knee pain will clear up. I'll be stretching and rolling out right after I publish this post and tomorrow is a day off so it should have some time to clear up before I hit another run on Tuesday afternoon.
  • The only problem running w/ Tsehay that I have sometimes is that she keeps to a naturally lower cadence. I much prefer higher cadence running so sometimes I have to recalibrate in my mind so I don't sync up too much with her in terms of strides. It was a 171 spm average today, which is barely lower than it typically is, but I generally spend a higher proportion of my runs above 175 spm than I did today so it's just another thing for me to keep my eye on.
  • Not really a workout related note but I've started to let loose a lot more nutrition wise. I've just been eating more in general and it's improved my quality of life if nothing else. Unsure how things will play out in terms of effects on fitness/weight, but whatever. High life quality is more important lol. 
Day off tomorrow! Yayyyyyyy!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment