Friday, February 19, 2016

A morning update

[Day 50A]

I slept in today. I was supposed to do my usual early morning swim with that ride out and back and I had everything prepared last night and even got around to checking my tire pressures (which I'm constantly forgetting to do), but my alarm went off this morning and it honestly just didn't feel like the right call. I want to go into this afternoon's trainer ride with a clear head because I've got a mental block that's keeping me from achieving what I want to achieve. There's been a lot of negativity that's been stirring around me and training recently and I need to push back against that. I knew I needed the extra rest to put myself in the best possible place to succeed, and if that means dropping a swim, then today it was the right decision to make. I feel like it honestly is very rarely the right decision to make, but today was a strange exception.

Hit Rate Update: 53/57 (92.9%). Am a little disappointed in that? Yes, but the progress I'm trying to make is more important than trying to make my "showing up" number look good. It's worth the hit.

So in any case, why am I writing this blog post? Because I need an accountability push. I've done what I can to set myself up to have a good ride this afternoon and I need to put that out there so I have no excuses when I actually get on the trainer today. Fresh start with lots of rest, no reason to do anything less than crush it.

Gonna go hit up the grocery store now and spend the rest of the day between now and the ride studying. And eating lunch at some point. And hitting up lab to check in on some server issues that I'm still having (ugh). TGIF! I'll be back to report on the ride later. (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment