Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Expectations vs Reality

[Day 48]

Today was a strange day. I had a generally good morning and was expecting to have a pretty good afternoon but my energy levels really fell off after lunch and it was just tough getting back on the bandwagon. I ended up taking my run much earlier in the day than I intended because if I stayed home I knew I would probably fall into bed and never get out. I had been hoping to get a lot of random chores out of the way so I could put myself in a good place to get some good quality schoolwork done tomorrow but instead I find myself here at 6 pm having really done absolutely nothing since my run and it's a pretty disappointing place to be. I'm super inexplicably tired and low energy, I feel like I wasted an entire day that could have been a great opportunity to get back on track, I'm particularly unmotivated about what lies ahead in the next few days, it all just seems like a big let down.

Today's Workout: Base run, 7 mi (counterclockwise lap of Forest Park)
Summary: 7.05 mi, 1:06:02, 9:22 pace
Pace splits by mile: 9:08, 9:33, 9:33, 9:24, 9:12, 9:23, 9:19
Hit Rate: 51/54 (94.4%)

Swim in the morning tomorrow, trainer ride in the afternoon which will be a repeat of this set from a few weeks back. Honestly all I really remember about that set was wanting to cry most of the time and only getting through it because Henry was on Skype pushing me through it and feeling so floored afterwards that it made the rest of that day and a few residual days afterwards sort of rough to get through. So. That'll be a joy. Especially since I'll be alone. Yay. (Ugh why didn't I just actually do something with my life today. Why.) Today is one of those days where I'm going to log off the internet and go wallow in how worthless I can be sometimes. Good stuff.

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment