Thursday, February 25, 2016

I spent all day sitting in lab...

[Day 56]

...And I don't even know who I am anymore. It's amazing how long you can just like sit and not move and not even realize it. So glad I'm not gonna have a desk job in the future. Would not be able to handle that on a daily basis. Also pretty sure it would just take years and years and years off my life. Yeah, no thank you. (Also for the record, I'm doing clinical research so it's all based out of a computer, which is why I just literally sat at a desk all day and moved literally zero.)

Today's Workout: AM CSP Practice, sprint free day
Summary:
  • WU: 
    • 800 free
    • 4 x 50 free build @ :55
  • Main Set:
    • 10 x 75 free @ 1:15
      • odds - first 25 FAST
      • evens - last 25 FAST
    • 200 easy
    • 100 free MAX (I went 1:13ish? Not great)
    • 100 easy
    • 5 x 100 kick w/ fins @ 1:30, 75 choice/25 fly kick on back, focusing on streamlines off the walls
    • 25-50-25-75-25-100-25-75-25-50-25 @ :25 per 25 base, 25s FAST, others easy
    • 100 easy
    • 25-50-25-75-25-100-25-75-25-50-25 @ :25 per 25 base, 25s easy (which was really more like moderate because :25 seconds is long enough to actually swim easy...), others FAST
  • WD: 100 easy
  • Total Distance: 3850 SCY
Hit Rate: 61/66 (92.4%)

Notes/thoughts:
  • I felt kinda sluggish this morning but it turned out fine. Definitely wasn't my fastest swimming which is a shame because the sprint efforts definitely felt lacking in real speed, but it wasn't a terrible swim either so I'll take it.
  • Hap definitely made a point of calling out some technique issues today (head position, streamline, reaching/finishing my strokes because I've been too eager to get my arm into the recovery). It was good to be made to think about that. Also reiterated how important it is to focus on swimming well during warm down so it's the last thing your body remembers. Took that to heart today, gonna try and follow up on that as the swimming continues.
  • The bike out was rough. It was windy. I didn't wanna be late (and I wasn't!). The bike back was nice though, no time pressure today so I just chilled. It also helps that the sun is rising by the time we're out of practice nowadays so I'm not coming back in the dark, which generally improves my mood a lot.
Just watched the Crossfit Games Open announcement, which was pretty cool. The workout was a pretty crazy thing, go google it if you're curious. I'm sitting here trying to decide what random sports related item that I've been wanting to buy for a while I should actually go ahead and buy. Or if I should just...continue to not buy things seeing as it obviously hasn't killed me yet. But I want all the things. Help me. Okay need to go back to studying now. Yay med school life...

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment