Friday, February 12, 2016

Run mileage is steadily climbing

[Day 43]

This week just really hasn't been swinging in my favour. My teammate who typically takes me to swim practice when she's also going in the mornings woke up with a migraine this morning and it obviously made more sense for her to go back to sleep and try to rest up that headache instead of go to the pool, so I didn't end up making it out to practice today (-1 on the hit rate!). I did, however, take the opportunity to go for a bit of a longer run and do some core stuff in the evening. Here's the rundown:

Today's Workout: Base run, 8 miles (clockwise lap of Forest Park + some extra bit)
Summary: 8.26 mi, 1:19:39, 9:39 pace average
Pace splits by mile: 9:36, 9:37, 9:52, 9:49, 9:53, 9:29, 9:38, 9:19, 9:24
Hit rate: 47/50 (94%)

Notes/thoughts: It felt pretty rough honestly but I just kept telling myself to take it mile by mile and stay under 10 minute mile pace for each and surprisingly I held up pretty well. I felt like after mile 4 or 5 I was getting stronger each mile which was nice. The fitness is there, it's just buried under a lot of fatigue lol. Gotta keep grinding! (:

Post-Run Core Workout:
  • 2 min plank (was gonna try and do the rest of the series, but my shoulders are killing me from yesterday so we axed that...)
  • 50/25 wrist-to-knee situps
  • 40/20 leg lifts (w/ Henry pushing my legs at the top) + 10 negatives
  • 25/25 V-situps
  • 100 Russian twists
I'm really sore. Surprisingly my legs are particularly sore, like basically every muscle in them hurts, and honestly all they did was squat/deadlift so I dunno what the deal is. 2 hour trainer ride tomorrow, should be really terrible, but I'm going to do it during the US Marathon Olympic Trials so at least that will be motivation/entertainment. Gonna stay in and curl up and movie night with Henry now. Yay!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment