Thursday, January 21, 2016

Treadmill is a no go

[Day 21]

So I decided that swapping back and forth between the urg and the treadmill would be a pain, and I figured instead I would just do 5k of each thing and be done with it. I was little more aggressive on the urg today and was surprised that it was much harder than it felt yesterday. I don't really think I got my heart rate or breathing up very high yesterday, just kept it nice and smooth and comfortable, and today I was pulling a bit harder and it was actually a really great workout. The treadmill was a definite no though, I was really barely on it for like a minute before I could start to feel my leg getting unhappy so I just shut it down. I was on the wards shadowing in the morning and knew I was going to be on my feet a lot so I figured I couldn't afford to have my knee be irritated today. I think I'm going to just lay off the running this week and maybe see how things are doing next week. Ideally I think I want to not feel any pain when I push on that part of my knee before I test it out again, because I figure if I try to get back at it too early, I'll just end up aggravating it. Next spot on my calendar is Wednesday, but we'll see how the weekend plays out and take it from there.

I thought about doing something else for the remainder of the planned duration of my workout but I figured it would be nice just to come home and take care of some errands and work and whatever, so that's what I ended up doing. Here's the summary of my very short day!

Today's Workout: AM rowing (5k steady state, resistance of 7)
Summary:
  • So I had to reset the machine halfway because the display paused for some reason, I have the numbers split because of that.
  • 5075 m (3354/1721), 24:36 (16:21/8:15), 2:26.2-2:23.5 avg/500 m, 22-24 s/m
Hit Rate: 20/21 (95.2%)

Okay I need to like pay attention in class now.

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment