Saturday, January 30, 2016

Let's keep things brief

[Day 30]

I was definitely not very productive today so let's keep today's update brief.

Some things that happened today:
  • Had an interesting conversation with Henry about nutrition and race weight. Still figuring that stuff out, but we're gonna make little changes one by one and see what happens with it all.
  • Got to think about why it is that I do what I do. I didn't want to say this out loud but I feel like the kind of love I have for racing and training is written into my soul, sort of like the kind of love I have for medicine and human health/functioning. A lot of people get to look at things like sports from the perspective of it being an optional thing they could partake in if they wanted to. I feel like I'd be lost without this. It's weird. It makes me feel a little bit different and a little bit separate from everyone else. But at the same time I know what my callings are, so I guess I really can't complain right?
Weekly recap time!
  • 3 swims, 2 trainer rides, 2 runs, 1 lift for a total of 8 sessions and a little over 8 hours.
  • I was worried about it being a crowded week because the number of sessions was high given the number of days, but since the runs were short and the overall hour count was low, it actually felt completely fine. It was a good week, I'm still a little worried about the little joint issues (back, wrists, knees) but things are looking up and I'm okay with that for now.
Things are going to ramp up by a lot the next two weeks. I'm a little bit terrified, but that's always how these things go before you really dive into them. I think I'll probably feel better once I'm in the midst of it. Tired but determined is usually how that plays out. That starts with an easy morning run with Molly tomorrow morning (slowly continuing that distance increase) and what will likely be a pretty rough two hour trainer ride in the afternoon. Wish me luck!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment