Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"The tension is here..."

[Day 26]

"The tension is here between who you are and who you could be."

Google that if you don't know where it comes from, but I figure a lot of you will know what song that's from. Shuffle gifted me with this on the walk to school this morning. It was a nice morning pump up song. Thank you shuffle. (:

Today's Workout: Gym sesh! Upper body stuff.
Summary:
  • Flat bench: WU 12 @ 45#, 3 x 10 @ 75#, 15 @ 55 (bonus round! lol)
    • The bonus round burned my shoulders sooooooo hard
  • Pulldowns: 4 x 12 alternating wide/narrow @ 6 plates (need to go up in this next time...)
  • Shoulder press: 3 drop sets with 25#/15#, rep counts of 8-8, 8-8, 5-8/5/2 (going for 15 lol)
    • Effort on the last round of this wasn't where I wanted to be...Gotta stay in it more.
  • Single arm DB row: 3 x 12 @ 40# 
    • Opted for DBs instead of BB today because my back's not feeling super hot today.
    • Wasn't getting full range of motion on a few reps on the left side, just something to think about more.
  • Incline bench: 3 x 12 @ 55#
    • Half of me wants to be like, this is literally no weight I don't know why this has been giving me so much trouble, but it had. I think this is the first time I've hit all 3 sets this year.
  • Cable pulldowns: 3 x 15 @ 5 plates (up the weight next week)
  • Superset: 3 x
    • Bicep curls: 12 @ 15#/side
    • Skull crushers: 12 @ 10#/side
    • What is accessory/isolation work. Minimal rest between sets. Weight needs to be going up next time (lol if that ever happens again).
  • Superset: 3 x 
    • 12 lateral raises @ 10#/side
    • 12 front raises w/ 25# plate
Hit Rate: 26/27 (96.2%)

I woke up with like a negative amount of motivation this morning, but I did get myself to the gym and do some number of the things, so I'll take it. Need to go heavier in a lot of things, need to not just quit on the terrible volume sets, pretty typical day outside of that. 

Body updates: My knee hurt when I woke up this morning so I axed the rowing I had planned for after the lift, hoping that just babying it today will help it feel better so I can try and run on it tomorrow. It's sort of discouraging that that's going on though. This is my problem with high effort trainer rides: Sometimes your form falls apart and it definitely shows in your body the next day (my knee, my back). My wrists were giving me the business yesterday and in the past week in general. They've just felt real loose and achy, so I was worried about how the lifting would treat them, but for the most part they felt fine during the workout and have continued to feel fine as the day goes on, so hopefully that's not an issue. If the joint issue thing continues to be a problem in the next few weeks I might seriously consider finding a joint supplement somewhere. I have terrible joints. They need all the help they can get.

That's all for today! Test run in the morning tomorrow (top out at 20 minutes easy on the treadmill) and a trainer ride in the PM on the books for tomorrow. Have a lovely Tuesday!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment