Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lol what are knees...

[Day 19A]

Today's AM Workout: Treadmill interval run (and some semblance of core work)
Summary:
  • WU: 1.5 mi @ 6.0-6.5 
  • Main Set: 5 x 800/400 @ 7.0/6.0, 7.5/6.0, 8.0/6.0, 7.5/6.0, 7.0/6.0 
    • I had originally planned on doing 6 repeats (doubling the top 8.0/6.0 interval), but my right knee wasn't feeling so hot the entire time so I brought it down a notch
  • WD: ~0.25 mi to reach total of ~5.5 mi 
    • I should have warmed down more...I got lazy...
  • Treadmill numbers: 5.56 mi, 51:06
  • Garmin numbers: 5.44 mi, 50:48, 9:20 average pace
  • Core: 2 rounds of 30 leg lifts, 30 wrist to knee sit ups, and 50 Russian twists (med ball?), no rest within rounds, some arbitrary amount of rest between rounds.
Hit Rate: 17/18 (94.4%)

Notes/thoughts:
  • So in some strange twist of events, while I was stretching after the run, I popped my left knee (the one that's prone to doing that) even though it was my right knee that hurt most of the run...so now I have two knees that both aren't doing fantastic but also both aren't doing so badly that I feel particularly inclined to change anything about my plans for them. It's awkward. We'll see how they hold up the rest of the day. I took a Naprosyn and hopefully that'll calm things down? (Before you go off on me about how bad NSAIDs are while training, I know, I know, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.)
  • I still do only roughly 50% of the core work I plan to do because it sucks and I have no discipline. ):
  • The one upshot of this morning was that I didn't have breakfast planned or pre-made like I usually do, so I just threw some stuff together and actually had a super delicious wrap with cream cheese and cucumbers and deli chicken (with some eggs and chocolate milk) so that made me pretty happy.
  • It's cold. Why is it so cold. It was literally warmer at Killington than it is here. Don't do this to me.
The status of the afternoon trainer ride is currently unclear. We'll see whether the knee issues resolve as the day goes on or gets worse. That'll probably be what decides it. I shall report back later. (Or if I don't, I will report back tomorrow, likely to tell you that I skipped the PM workout today. Hopefully that's not what ends up happening, but we shall see.)

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment