Saturday, January 16, 2016

Killington day one and weekly recap!

[Day 16]

Not a ton to talk about today honestly. I'm out at Killington right now, shredding it up with Henry. Actually got to spend a lot of time working on the technicals today, doing less aggressive runs, working on short turns, skiing on bumps/moguls, doing things I don't typically do. Had a ton of fun just exploring and learning and getting better. I love skiing, it's been a fantastic day! It's good to be back on my own skis instead of rentals too. I've been running my short all mountain Rossignals today instead of my Atomics (there was some fresh snowfall overnight and in the morning so I figured the wider more versatile skis would be the better choice). Will probably keep with it for tomorrow because I'm actually enjoying the short turn radius.

The only thing I sort of feel bad about is the fact that I eat terribly when I'm on vacation. When it comes to skiing, I think it's just part of the experience. I like to be fueled by copious amounts of really fatty food and alcohol, because that's just what the ski life is. I need the extra calories to balance out the cold? Right? RIGHT? Lol it's only two days, I'll survive the lapse in reasonable food-related judgment for two days. xD

Some reflections on Week 2:
  • 3 swims, 2 trainer rides, 1 run, 1 lift with a short run for a total of ~8.5-9 hrs.
  • Slightly shorter week than last week, mostly because of the dropped late week double b/c of the knee. In general I have felt way better physically this week than the last, although the workout quality has been pretty comparable across the two weeks. 
  • I actually amazingly have nothing really more significant to say about the week than that. Maybe it's because I'm distracted from dinner/drinking/PATRIOTS FOOTBALL (Pats leading 21-6 some amount of minutes into the third, Gronk just scored a TD) but you know. Whatever!
I've updated the "Current Project" page with the general training plan for the next few months if anyone wants to check that out. Other than that, I guess I shall return tomorrow with day two updates from Killington! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment