Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Some days the the sun's hard to face

[Day 5]

Props if you know the song reference. I'm exhausted, I technically have comments on today but honestly the best that I can do today is just tell you what I did. So here it is.

Today's AM Workout: CSP practice, mid-distance free day (bike commute, 45-60 mins)
Summary:
  • WU: 200, 300, 300 swim (as written was 3 x 300, but we had counting issues) 
  • Pre-set: 8 x 50 free @ :50 relaxed 
  • Main Set: 
    • 4 x 100 free @ 1:35 as 25 moderate/50 strong/25 recovery 
    • 4 x 200 free @ 3:10 as 25 moderate/50 strong/25 recovery 
    • 3 x 100 kick w/ fins choice @ 1:30 as all easy except 3rd 25 fast 
    • 50 easy 
    • 400, 350, 400 free as 1st one fast, 2nd one moderate, 3rd one recovery (as written as 3 x 400 but again, we had some counting issues) 
  • WD: Basically the last 400 of the main set… 
  • Total Distance: 3900 SCY
Hit Rate: 3/3 (100%)

Today's PM Workout: Easy run (w/ Tsehay)
Summary: 4.01 mi, 37:56, 9:27 pace
Pace splits by mile: 9:17, 9:41, 9:26, 9:26
Hit Rate: 4/4 (100%)

Brief list of things I have to say: 
  • I'm really sore today.
  • The set intervals being easy during morning practice was super key.
  • I left my old goggles in China (I think...?) so I got to break open new goggles, which was pretty fantastic.
  • My hair froze on my bike ride back. Getting in the hot shower and thawing that out afterwards was nice. 
  • Things jetlag are good for: I got to eat breakfast before morning practice. 
  • I need warmer socks for that commuting ride. 
  • I'm really proud of myself for going running despite feeling pretty horrible. I'm also pretty happy with the pace given how horrible I felt. Running with a buddy makes everything better.
  • The cadence on the run was too low (166 spm average), probably because I'm sore which makes the turnover poor, but bringing up that cadence is something I'll have to keep in mind this month as I'm running. 
  • I swam, biked, and ran today, which is sort of cool (even though the bike was a commute and not actual training).
I had a lift planned for tomorrow which probably won't be happening. My body needs time to recover, the jetlag means my sleep has been horrible and I need to rest or I'll just be breaking myself down. I'll probably do some yoga/stretching/mobility work and a full core workout in the morning instead. Okay, back to studying physiology now. 

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment