Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Recovery recovery

[Day 125B]

Took an easy run in the middle of the day today. Partially to clear my head, partially to see how the body is doing post-race. I took two full days off, which I don't always do before my first post-race test drive, and I think it was a good call. I felt pretty good on the run and stronger as the run went on which is always nice. I also haven't collapsed in the hours since (which happens to me sometimes, even when the workout itself feels good), so I think I can genuinely say that my body is doing well. That's good because I'm gonna jump right into 10k training starting this Friday and I wanted to know that my body would be ready for it. We'll see how the harder workouts go later this week. Here are the deets:

Today's Workout: Easy run, 4 mi
Summary: 4.21 mi, 39:52, 9:28 average pace, 176 spm average
Pace splits by mile: 9:45, 9:46, 9:29, 9:03, 8:39
Running Hit Rate: 1/1 (100%)
Overall Hit Rate: 1/1 (100%)

You will notice that I'm resetting the hit rates for the summer block! I want to really focus on improving my running between now and the BAA 10k at the end of June, so I'm making a run workout specific hit rate to track how I'm doing on the running specifically. I will probably let the overall hit rate carry over all the way until August when I do the Chicago Triathlon. Yay!

Another day off tomorrow and then we get back to work starting Friday! Alright, back to studying now. (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment