Friday, May 6, 2016

And so it begins again

[Day 127]

I should've written something yesterday but I didn't because it was a day off and I was busy doing other things, like watching the new Captain America movie with Henry lol. Don't judge me, it was awesome. In other news, I took the first interval workout of this block today! Yay! Henry came with and ran most of it with me and pushed me through the tougher moments. Here's the summary:

Today's Workout: Interval run, main set of 6 x 1/2 mi @ 7:30-7:50 pace (yeah, I know that's a wide range but I like to give myself breathing room - goal 10k pace) with 3 minute jogging rests and some amount of warm up/warm down
Summary: 7.83 mi, 1:15:15, 9:36 pace average, 170 spm average (not super informative b/c there was some walking and some stopping for water, etc. etc.)
Interval splits: 3:49.7 (7:39), 3:52.5 (7:45), 3:50.8 (7:42), 3:49.3 (7:39), 3:52.5 (7:45), 3:48.7 (7:37) - In the interest of full disclosure, I did walk a little bit instead of jog for some portion of the rest between rep 5 and 6
Hit Rate: 2/2 (100%)

Notes/thoughts:
  • The first two felt so easy and so smooth and so good. And then it all went downhill from there. The last two were brutal, wouldn't have hit the last one if it weren't for Henry running next to me and telling me to stick with it. 
  • The speed actually isn't hard to find surprisingly enough, what's hard is holding onto it as I get tired. It's nice to know that I have the pace, I just have to work on accessing it when my brain wants my body to slow down. 
  • Running fast is fun. Hard, but fun. It's cool to really feel like I'm moving at some amount of speed, I don't do that very often so when I do it's a really awesome novel feeling. 
  • Good start to running shorter and running faster, excited to see where things go from here. (:
Happy Friday folks!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment