Saturday, March 12, 2016

"Rest day"

[Day 72]

I went to an intro CrossFit sesh today! It was super chill so it totally doubles as an off day. The session was pretty simple, we did some technique work with PVC pipes on air squats, back squats, front squats, and overhead squats, learned a few tips and tricks for those lifts. Then we did a short and simple metabolic conditioning workout of 50 air squats, 40 sit ups, 30 push ups, 20 bench dips, 10 burpees and that was that! I had a good time, had a good subsequent conversation with the gym owner, Tom, who is a really nice guy. In the end I decided that now wasn't the best time to add something new to my schedule, also CrossFit is a little bit cost prohibitive if it's not the only form of physical activity you do, so I decided to just hold off on trying more out until later. Maybe after this year of racing (which at this point goes through the crazy swim I have planned in October and the half marathon), I'll re-visit this and see if it's a more viable option. Until then, I'm just gonna focus on doing me and executing the current plan as best I can.

Had a 30+5 brick planned for tomorrow, but am actually going to edit that into a 2 hour ish maybe longer trainer ride. It's supposed to rain in the morning and I honestly don't want to do into a near 2 hour ride with any amount of uncertainty about whether or not I'll get stuck in bad weather. I know people do ride in the rain, but I have no confidence in my bike handling abilities in inclement weather and no confidence in drivers abilities to not hit me while I'm on the roads. So instead I think I'm going to take a trainer ride during the hockey game tomorrow night, just throw it on TV and hope on the trainer and go for however long the game happens to go. No set or anything, just gonna see what a long steady effort on the trainer feels like.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment