Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Going longer on that trainer...

Today started with a very early lift and finished with a long afternoon trainer session. The lift was similar to what I did last week, with some minor tweaks and the addition of glute bridges. I didn't do a short treadmill run after the workout because I felt lazy. As of right now, I'm physically feeling much better than I did last week at this time. Although the soreness is starting to set in, it's definitely not as bad as it was last week, which is promising. The lift in and of itself also felt easier than last week, which is also promising since I did a similar amount of work/weight. I may have taken more rest breaks though, which may have factored into experiencing less fatigue. I definitely have to get over my fear of dudes...they will be in the gym while I am in the gym. I just need to get used to it. It'll take time is all I guess.

Today's AM Workout: Lift
Summary: 70 minutes

  • Front squats: WU 10 @ 45, pyramid 10 @ 65, 8 @ 85, 5 @ 95, 8 @ 85, 10 @ 65 (5 working sets, first and last = light)
  • Flat bench: WU 10 @ 45, 10 @ 65, working 3 x 8 @ 85 (last set split 6/2 rest pause)
  • Weighted glute bridges: WU 15 @ short bar, working 3 x 12 @ sb+20
  • Pulldowns: 4 x 12 @ 6, alt. wide/narrow grips
  • Superset: 3 x
    • DB shoulder presses (seated): 12 @ 20/side (if you get bold maybe it's time to move up to 25…)
    • DB rows: 12 @ 40
  • Forward/backwards lunges: 3 x 12/side @ sb+20
Hit rate: 38/41 (92.6%)

Note that sb means the small straight bar. I have no idea what it weighs but I figure as long as I'm consistent with the use of this particular bar, it's not super important.
The afternoon trainer session was long, but I kept it at just below threshold effort so it wasn't the hardest. The entire second hour to be honest was sort of grueling and my butt definitely really hurt by the end, but I kept it nice and consistent throughout and I'm really proud of the effort.

Today's PM Workout: Long trainer ride
Summary: 29.01 mi, 2:00:29, 14.4 mph
  • WU: 10 mins easy, 5 mins base of a hill building up to 100 rpm in the last minute
  • Main set: twice through…
    • 2 x
      • 4 mins @ 90-95 rpm race pace (base)
      • 4 mins @ 60 rpm race pace (climb)
      • 4 mins @ 90-95 rpm race pace (base)
      • 3 mins @ 90-95 rpm sprint pace (+1)
    • 1 x
      • 12 mins @ 90-95 rpm race pace (base)
      • 3 mins @ 90-95 rpm sprint pace (+1)
    • 5 mins spin recovery
  • 5 min spin down (after recovery from last set)
  • Speed splits: 13.2, 15.1, 14.5, 14.9, 15.0, 14.0.
Hit rate: 39/42 (92.8%)

Now I'm going to go get Henry from the airport! And tomorrow is my day off! Yay!

Much love,
Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment