Wednesday, July 22, 2015

What is pacing?

I don't know what pacing is. But I averaged the same pace today as I did on my long run on Monday so I guess my body is pretty consistent all in all? I think I always want to be faster, but today I was a little scatter-brained and I think a little underfueled (it was a completely fasted run right after I woke up and I didn't sleep the best last night) so the pace was slower than I was expecting for a 6 miler. I felt like I still had some kick in me at the end though so I'll live with how I did. Here's the summary:

Today's Workout: Planned negative split base run 6-8 mi, really just turned into a casual base run, didn't think too much about pace. (Watch was set to only give me cadence info and split warnings at each mile.)
Summary: 6.57 mi., 1:04:28, 9:48 pace.
Pace splits by mile: 9:38, 9:47, 10:03, 10:08, 9:46, 9:48, 9:15.
Hit rate: 16/18 (88.9%)

Slowly inching my way up to that 90% hit rate.

Random nutrition note: I'd been doing well about eating well and snacking healthily and whatever but Coen was starving after hockey camp today and we took him to McDonalds and I ate McDonalds and feel mildly horrible about it now. But oh well, what's done has been done. Gonna try not to do that again for a while...

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment