Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Recovery Updates

I didn't train Monday or Tuesday due to a combination of needing post-race rest and some mild period-related anemia that mom totally predicted and I totally scoffed at even though she was in fact right. I took a run this morning that was very short and very slow because apparently there's still a ton of residual fatigue in my legs. I figured the best thing was just to be active for about 30 minutes and not push anything too hard and come back tomorrow and see how things go from there.

Today's Workout: Easy recovery run
Summary: 3.18 mi, 33:33, 10:33 pace.
Pace splits by mile: 10:34, 10:39, 10:30, 10:14.
Hit rate: 19/21 (90.5%)

Hopefully I will be able to get some kind of trainer ride in tomorrow or maybe a run or some form of physical activity in and out of the madness that is a travel day, but we'll see.

In other news, I officially registered for both USAT Club Nationals (sprint distance) and the Cyman Triathlon (Olympic distance) yesterday so now I'm really in triathlon prep mode and am excited to getting back to working on my swimming and cycling! (Not to mention starting school!) It'll be an adventure. Stay tuned! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment