Thursday, July 23, 2015

Building, building...

Building is really not the word you think of in terms of your training a few days out from a race but somehow that's what today's run was. It felt like a continuation of yesterday's run, I started out already feeling warmed up and just sort of built from there. It was a solid, consistent, and easy-moderate effort and I was very very satisfied with it.

Today's Workout: Base 6 mi. run.
Summary: 6.58 mi, 1:02:03, 9:25 pace.
Pace splits by mile: 9:42, 9:23, 9:39, 9:14, 9:25, 9:24, 9:02.
Hit rate: 17/19 (89.4%)

Also it's around 6 PM now as I'm writing this and the taper is really kicking in. I feel super super good (especially in contrast to how blown out I felt last week) and I have so much excess energy I just feel like I have to actually work out. Like do something to destroy myself physically. But I can't because I'm resting. It's so strange. And to think there's another two days of this. Not really sure how that's going to go. Must stretch tonight!

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment