Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sleeping in

I've now slept in two days in a row. Amazingly enough, I don't actually regret doing it on either day. I had been up late Sunday night with some wedding planning and family related drama and I don't regret the conversation that kept me up at all. It was the kind of late night talk that I think really brings me and Henry closer together, so if I lose a workout for it, I lose a workout for it. I don't even remember what my plans strictly were at this point, but I did end up getting a workout in anyways by just sort of shoving it in my evening. I didn't have any time to do work yesterday though, which was the real bummer. In any case, here was yesterday's sort of haphazardly thrown in workout.

Yesterday's Workout: PM trainer ride, strength intervals
Summary:

  • WU: 10 mins easy spin
  • Spin ups: 5 x 30 up/30 recovery
  • Main Set: all big gear (60-65 rpm, +10 or more on pick up minutes), easy spin recoveries
    • 16 mins as 7/1/7/1
    • 3 mins easy spin
    • 12 mins as 5/1/5/1
    • 3 mins easy spin
    • 8 mins as 3/1/3/1, popped into standing quite a few times to try and keep rpms up.
  • WD: 10 mins easy
  • Total: 16.27 mi, 1:07:28, 14.5 mph
Hit Rate: 12/13 (92.3%)

The set was harder than I thought it was going to be by far. Things got real rough in that last 8 minute set but I got through it. Eventually I want to work my way up to starting with a 20 minute interval. Can't work on my climbing strength outside because there's not much terrain here, so I gotta work on it inside. We'll get there. 

As for today, I had planned on going to lift in the morning but seeing as I slept in and I have an 8:30 am - 9:00 pm day scheduled, it looks like today's going to be a day off. Oh well, life happens, the rest was much needed and today will be easier on a well-rested body and brain. We'll try and get right back at it tomorrow with a morning treadmill run. Planning on re-attempting those treadmill intervals I couldn't get through last time. Hopefully the extra recovery and maybe a little extra fitness (please?) will help get me through. 

Hit Rate: 12/14 (85.7%)

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment