Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The rain can't stop us!

I woke up to a soft drizzle this morning. I didn't want to run the risk of getting caught in a bigger storm on my bike so I opted out of swim practice and decided to go to the gym instead. Since I woke up so ridiculously early, it meant I had loads of time this morning after I got home to Skype my family and eat breakfast and generally chill before the day really got started. The gym session was pretty chill. I wasn't very strong today, which was a bummer, but it was nice just to get in there and move some weight around. I also tried to focus on some of those pre-hab/re-hab things and did some stability work which was much needed and will hopefully be appreciated by my body. Here's the rundown!

Today's Workout: AM Gym, ~1 hr.
Summary:

  • Flat bench: WU 12 @ 45 lbs, working 3 x 10/8/7 @ 75 lbs, burn out 12 @ 55 lbs 
  • Pull downs: 4 x 12 alt. wide/narrow grip @ 6 plates 
  • Squats: 4 x 20/12/20/12 alt. bodyweight w/ band and goblet @ 35 lbs
  • Superset: 3 x
    • DB row: 12/side @ 35 lbs
    • Single arm standing shoulder press: 12/side @ 15 lbs (that core work though)
  • Step ups: 3 x 12/side @ 15/10/10 lbs/side (dropped the weight down because of hip sway, still focusing on that glute engagement)
  • Incline bench: 3 x 12/10/8 @ 55 lbs
  • Superset: 3 x
    • DB curl: 12/side @ 15 lbs
    • DB skull crushers: 12 @ 10 lbs/side
  • No rest: 3 x
    • 20 bridge w/ leg extensions
    • 20 bodyweight forward lunges
Hit Rate: 7/8 (87.5%)

I guess I'm gonna try and hit the pool on Thursday or Friday (probably Thursday, because Thursday night is the Pats game and I will probably want to watch that and sleep in on Friday). First up is tomorrow's treadmill workout though! That's all for today. (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment