Friday, October 30, 2015

The cold is so key

I'm much faster in the cold. I think it's a combination of being more comfortable and being a taller person that produces more body heat that's hard to get rid of which makes me faster in the cold. I made a point of running in the heat and working on improving my heat tolerance over the summer, but I do feel real good about it cooling down. It makes everything so much more pleasant.

My original plan had been to take today off, but seeing as the weather was threatening rain tomorrow, I decided to just take an easy base run today and switch that for a day off tomorrow, that way I could spend some time with Henry in the morning before a very busy Saturday afternoon. I started out quicker than I was expecting so I thought I would try to stay under 9:00 pace today. I figured the weather was cooperating and I felt pretty good so I just went for it. I didn't even push particularly hard, it was actually a fairly comfortable pace to hold, which surprises me. I had to remind myself not to slow down periodically, but all in all it didn't require much push and it was definitely within threshold. My hamstrings are still pretty tight from Monday's run, which also surprises me because it's been an entire week, but I definitely was feeling them the second half of today's run. All in all it was good though, exactly what I wanted out of an end of the day base run.

Today's Workout: Easy base 7 mi run
Summary: 7.04 mi, 1:02:16, 8:51 pace.
Pace splits by mile: 8:42, 9:00, 8:59, 8:54, 8:51, 8:46, 8:47.
Hit rate: 10/11 (90.9%)

Day off tomorrow! Yay! (:

Much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment